The 2018 International Builder's Show in Orlando, Florida is rapidly approaching, with the show running from January 9th through 11th. Whether you're looking forward most to escaping brutal winter weather or learning about the latest developments in construction technology, be sure to follow these tips to make the most out of your time spent at IBS:
- Purchase Products at IBS- With over 1,400 companies covering 570,000 square feet of show space, you're bound to find a product or company that can improve your own business practices. In theory, it might seem better to make or purchase or place an order after the show is over and when you're back home. However, there is a higher probability that you will forget about the product and ultimately not improve your business. In addition, most companies offer a steep trade show discount. UDA Technologies is offering a 20% discount, so don't miss out on this limited time offer!
- Attend Building Knowledge Sessions- With titles like "Bringing the Best of Urban to the Suburban" and "Defensive Estimating for Bigger Remodeling Profits", these sessions are designed to result in increased learning on topics that you probably have a fundamental knowledge of. Even if you feel like you're an expert in a topic, be receptive to attending a few sessions, and you might be surprised by the knowledge you pick up.
- Go Out of Your Comfort Zone- Whether it's using the group discount for Universal Studios and riding The Incredible Hulk or participating in an unfamiliar product demonstration, make an effort to do at least one thing that makes you a little nervous. You might surprise your team and make memories that reinforce that the time spent at IBS is well worth the investment.
- Visit the Official Show Homes of IBS- The New American Home and The New American Remodel are both a short shuttle bus ride away from the Orange County Convention Center. Touring these homes are great ways to see industry best practices, innovative design concepts, state-of-the-art products, and the latest construction techniques. Be sure to visit the ticket kiosk booth early on in the day, because tickets for the shuttles are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Stop By Booths of Products Your Company Currently Uses- While I understand that all the flashy demostrations can be tempting, don't forget to visit booths of companies your team already partners with. Many companies showcase sneak peaks of upcoming products as well as have representatives on site for workshops and demonstrations. Be sure to join us at booth W4983 to meet the UDA Technologies team!
Worried that it's too late to get tickets to IBS 2018? UDA Technologies is still offering free tickets to the trade show event of the year. Request them here, and our team looks forward to seeing you there!