As construction on your project draws to a close, you begin thinking of ways to thank your client for entrusting you during this process. Providing a small token of your appreciation can be an excellent way to end the project with a smile and leave a lasting impression on your client. Here are a few of our favorite closing gifts for clients ideas:
- Framed Before/After Comparison Photo: This is a great option for home or office renovations. A framed blueprint, sketch, or final photo can be an excellent alternative for new builds.
- Custom Mailbox: Whether customized with address, name, or logo, installing a personalized mail receptacle can be the perfect blend of useful and thoughtful.
- Personalized Stationery complete w/ new address: Options range from custom “We’ve moved!” relocation cards to self-inking return stamps or adhesive return address labels – individuals and businesses alike will appreciate these small details.
- Custom Door Knocker: A custom door knocker is an elegant and surprising addition to any front door that can be personalized with name, address, or monogram. Alternative – and more flexible - options could be a personalized door mat or custom door hanger.
- Magazine subscription: For those new to the area, gift a local publication. For new homeowners, a periodical focused on design or entertaining. For commercial clients, a more industry-directed journal may be best. Clients will appreciate the feeling of personal attention to their likes and dislikes.
- Pizza Delivery for Moving Day: What a great way to thank your clients and spread your name to their family & friends! A gift card for other local food delivery services could work as well.
- House Cleaning Service: Oftentimes, builders, real estate agents, and decorators will find such services willing to partner with them in a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Professional Organizer: Who doesn’t want some professional assistance setting up lasting organization at their new home or business? That’s a gift that keeps on giving.
- Coffee Mugs: A wonderful housewarming gift and an excellent way to keep your name circulating in the future. Include some specialty coffee and homemade biscotti to add a personal touch.
- Calendar: Every kitchen or office has one – or needs one. My favorite are the dry-erase variety for the refrigerator or filing cabinet. A useful tool for your client and continual advertisement to their associates.
- Tee Shirt: Beach towel, tote bag, koozie, keychain, or other apparel item makes a quick and easy gift. Tie these in to your social media account via photo sharing contests to really get your name circulating amongst your happy clients.
The greatest compliment a client can give you is their referral, and small efforts to go the extra mile – like thoughtful project-end gifts – can make a big difference in the lasting impression of your client’s experience.
Interested in more insights about best practices for client relations? Take a look at:
- Customers Are Your Greatest Resource: Maximize the Happy Customer Impact
- Keeping Customers Happy in the Age of HGTV
- Amazing New ClientLink and Public Profiles for ConstructionOnline
- 11 Ways to Engage Your Clients With Social Media